Consular Information Embassy Bilateral cooperation
ADMINISTRATIVE CHANGE OF NAME AND LAST NAME
Applicants who wish to apply for name change are kindly requested to register in the system e-konsulat.
Changes of name or surname can be made only for important reasons, especially when it concerns the following changes:
- name or surname that is humiliating or indecent;
- to a name or surname already in use;
- to a name or surname that has been illegally modified;
- to a name or surname, bore under the laws of the State of which nationality he possess.
ATTENTION: If a person changed his/her last name due to marriage or returned to the maiden name after the divorce the administrative procedure of changing the last name is not correct. In above mentioned cases correct procedure is registration of foreign marriage certificate in Polish Registry Office or obtaining Polish marriage certificate with information about the divorce and return to the maiden name.
Polish citizen residing abroad may change the first or last name at his request, submitted through the Polish consul or by post mail, provided it is certified by a notary signature/Polish consul.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR ADULTS
- Filled in application form (SEE. FORMS TO PRINT. ATTACHMENT 6)
- Israeli or Polish passport
- Original of Polish birth certificate
- Original of Polish marriage certificate
- Original document certifying the change of name or last name along with an apostile ((תעודת מידע על שינוי השם
- A document certifying Polish citizenship (a valid Polish passport OR a presidential act granting Polish citizenship OR a document of ascertainment of Polish citizenship OR a decision act of reinstatement of Polish citizenship).
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR MINORS
Both parents have to be present while submitting the application for changing the name or last name of their child.
1. Filled in application form (SEE. FORMS TO PRINT. ATTACHMENT 7)
2. Israeli or Polish passport of the minor as well as of both of the parents
3. Original of Polish birth certificate of the minor
4. Original document certifying the change of name or last name along with an apostile ((תעודת מידע על שינוי השם
5. Original of Polish marriage certificate of the parents
6. A document certifying Polish citizenship of the minor or at least one parent (a valid Polish passport OR a presidential act granting Polish citizenship OR a document of confirmation of Polish citizenship)
7. Children who are at least 13 years old must fill in and sign a name change consent form
ADDRESSING THE APPLICATION PROPERLY
- The Civil Registry in Poland chosen by the applicant.